Friday, January 1, 2010

New Beginnings

A new day, a new year and a new decade! What better opportunity to share the ever eternal journey for achieving balance. New Years is such a funny time. One feels excited as there is a whole new year to create possibilities, dream big and create new visions.

One also feels a sense sadness of what has been whether they were good times had that are now memories or over opportunities missed, words not spoken or actions left beyond due to our own fear. They say one can not dwell on the past and move forward which is why I think New Years offers us the perfect chance to reflect on what was and what will be. So as strolled the streets doing my groceries and going for a run, I reflected on my time gone by this year and the time to come.

All around couples kissed with the pleasure of sharing there first day of the year together. The bitter people angry that they are once again alone on such an auspicious day wonder why this is happening to them again (I wonder if they every ask, what can I do to change this situation?

I suppose they never do as they walk by still grumbling to themselves). I realise I was also one of those walking along by myself but I realised, I chose this moment and I am happy with it. I love the blanket of snow across the trees, the crispness in the air and most important I have freedom both physically in the 'real' world and emotionally.

I looked back at where I was 365 days ago and a sense of 'oh my god' ran through my body, my how I have change. Along with this came a realisation of awe, I certainly did a lot of work this year, but it was fun and I became excited about where next year will lead me and where I will lead myself.

So many choices, so many possibilities. I am a different person to who I was a year ago, a decade ago and a day ago. What choice do you have today to make it a better one?

No comments:

Post a Comment